Eau Claire Health Cooperative
Position Summary: The HIM Specialist is responsible for compiling, processing, and maintaining medical records of the Cooperative’s patients in a manner consistent with the organization’s medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements.
Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained
- When required, retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel
- Release information to persons or agencies according to
- Assists patients with completion of paperwork when
- Reviews EHS for needed updated demographics and consent
- Identifies patients by date of birth and name in computer
- Creates new account if patient not in the
- Answers telephone in a timely and polite manner, preferably within three
- Communicates with customers in a courteous, professional, cooperative and mature manner.
- Accurately takes messages and conveys information to
- Transfers call to physicians and nurses when medically
- Protects/observes patient confidentiality per policies and
- Strong attention to
- Excellent attention to
- Other duties as
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment. Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
- Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management, staff, and contacts outside the organization.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Strong computer skills with proficiencies in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, internet-based applications and the Microsoft operating system.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate degree preferred. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of Health Information Management experience. Individuals who are bilingual/bicultural are encouraged to apply.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work.
Hopkins Pediatrics &Family Practice
9023 Garners Ferry Road
Hopkins, SC 29061
Job Type: Full-time
Health Information Management: 1 year
Instructions For Resume Submission: