Message from President
Hello fellow SCHIMA members!
As the first communication from me since starting in July, I would like to express what a sincere honor it is to serve you with your 2019-2020 Board of Directors and tell you more about our initiatives we have been working on since that time. These initiatives are woven throughout our strategic plan and designed to help us regain momentum and become vital and necessary players in the healthcare industry in our state as well as become a robust voice at the national level with and through AHIMA.
We can accomplish this by coming together as a strong state association committed to one another and embracing our diversity. We are bound by our shared set of professional ethics, competencies, and our social responsibility as proud and competent South Carolinians with much to offer the workplace. Let us, therefore, commit to a positive and kind mindset, promotion of our field of study and its various specialties, a “we’re in this together” mentality with the faith, courage, and tenacity to navigate the ever-increasing changes in healthcare. We are and will always be stronger together.
Our initiatives this year include:
- State and National Advocacy efforts
- HIM Awareness campaign through workforce leadership engagement and sister organization affiliations
- Social media engagement with members to include open professional and transparent discourse and sharing of ideas
- Student outreach and SCHIMA scholarship award
- Relevant educational events and webinars to include a revitalized coding roundtable that offers AHIMA approved CEU’s in the various required domains
These initiatives would not be possible without the last several years of hard work, by dedicated and talented volunteer leadership, and a strong administration. There is is no time for complacency. Join us! Stay informed! Engage! Network! Spread the encouraging word!
Please feel free to contact me personally or any member of our Board by clicking here .
Dan Ellison, RHIA
On behalf of SCHIMA Board