The South Carolina Health Information Management Association continues to support and recognize South Carolina students pursuing their education in Health Information Management through scholarship. SCHIMA offers academic scholarships for students enrolled in a CAHIIM accredited AS-HIM, BS-HIM, or MS-HIM degree program and resides in the state of South Carolina. Interested students may find eligibility requirements and an online application below.
Deadline: May 1st
Scholarship Submission Requirements:
- Applications with supporting documentation as listed below must be submitted online to SCHIMA.
- Award Criteria:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Involvement in any of the following activities
- Attendance at HIM Association meetings
- Has served or is serving on HIM Association committee(s)
- Employment in an HIM department or related HIM areas
- Organization of a major class endeavor
- Community work
- To be considered for this award, students must complete the online application with supporting documentation as listed below. The application should include the following information:
- Full Name
- School address and home address
- Telephone number
- HIM program attending
- Level/class (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, etc.) and expected graduation date
- Reason for choosing HIM as a career
- Contributions she/he can make to the profession
- Accompanying the online application with supporting documentation as listed below, students should also provide:
- An official academic transcript of all completed post-high school education
- Two letters of recommendation from health information management professionals
- A resume that includes: employment history, school and professional activities and memberships, and community involvement.
Learn more about the AHIMA Foundation and apply for an AHIMA Foundation scholarship.