Please support SCHIMA by recognizing the outstanding contributions made by its members. Take a look at some of the previous SCHIMA award recipients and learn more about the awards.
Please consider nominating a member or members who have demonstrated exceptional service in one of the following award categories:
- Distinguished Member
- Distinguished Service
Please support SCHIMA by recognizing the outstanding contributions made by its members.
Deadline: May 1st
The Champion Award recognizes individuals who have provided long term, enthusiastic support of SCHIMA and its goals. This award is given to individuals, groups, or corporations who have worked tirelessly to support the HIM profession by advancing SCHIMA’s leadership position. Nominees need not be SCHIMA members. These individuals support SCHIMA by providing at least one of the following:
- Providing significant financial support to SCHIMA key initiatives through special programs, scholarships, or grants.
- Providing significant volunteer support to SCHIMA.
- Serving the needs of SCHIMA members through advocacy of patients’ rights and confidentiality, educating the public on health information, and/or supporting and promoting professional practice standards.
- Advancing Advocacy initiatives that promotes the interests of HIM.
2022 Champion Award Winner
AHDAM, and particularly, Malissa Powers, were instrumental in helping SCHIMA Members receive much needed CEUs by providing webinars online.
Distinguished Member Award
The Distinguished Member Award recognizes SCHIMA member(s) who have made outstanding contributions to the profession at the CSA or national association level. Nominee(s) may be cited for a) specific contributions that occurred either during the preceding association year or b) contributions that have been ongoing for several years. With these generous contributions, the individual(s) have:
- Brought recognition to the HIM profession.
- Exemplified exceptional service to SCHIMA.
- Contributed to the HIM profession’s body of knowledge.
Distinguished Service Award
SCHIMA member(s) who have made a significant contribution through service to SCHIMA by demonstrating one or more of the following:
- Completed a major project for SCHIMA with outstanding results.
- Displayed innovation and creativity through service projects.
- Through exceptional leadership, served SCHIMA in a particular role and achieved desired results.
2022 Distinguished Service Award
Louise Juricek has volunteered her time and efforts as Treasurer for SCHIMA over the last Three years. Her dedication to the association in this role and as an HIM professional has Been instrumental in helping the association move forward.