UNC Health Blue Ridge
At Blue Ridge, we believe in partnering with communities and creating lifelong relationships with all our patients. Located in western North Carolina, Blue Ridge provides healthcare services to Burke, McDowell, Catawba and Caldwell counties. We offer the balance of purposeful work and active living in our community.
You’ll love working with us.
- We’re a teaching hospital
- Teammate satisfaction 90% or above year after year
- Multidisciplinary teams work together to ensure our patients are receiving outstanding holistic care
- Recruiting bonus for teammate who refers someone to be hired because we value your opinion
- Teammate rewards
- And much more.
You’ll love living here.
- Numerous recreational activities including hiking (two state parks and numerous other parks and greenways), boating, kayaking and more
- Excellent public schools
- High-quality health care
- Low cost of living
- Moderate climate
- Proximity to scenic attractions
- Higher education facilities located nearby
- Short drive to key cities such as Asheville, Charlotte, and Winston-Salem
Work with a team that will appreciate your professional knowledge and day-to-day contributions. With more than 1,800 employs we recognize that you are an essential part of our work team and community, and we value you. We are friends and neighbors taking care of friends and neighbors.
Sign-on bonus of $10,000.00 and relocation available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Coder III is responsible for inpatient and outpatient coding utilizing the ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT-4 classification systems with established coding guidelines for accurate data capture and optimal reimbursement. The Coder III is also responsible for providing expert coding guidance and training to other Blue Ridge facilities and departments. Facilitates appropriate MS-DRG for inpatient medical records and assignment of appropriate APC for outpatient medical records using UHDDS and other facility guidelines. Meets established quality and productivity standards. Stays abreast of coding principles and regulatory guidelines related to inpatient and/or outpatient coding. Works closely with Patient Financial Services and Access Management as needed to resolve coding, billing, and patient-type issues as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 1-year coding experience in an acute-care hospital setting preferred.
Credential required (one or more): RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CPC-H, CPC or CIC. CCS required within 1-year of hire.
Expert knowledge of ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT-4 classification systems/coding guidelines; Expert knowledge of DRG and APC reimbursement systems; Excellent and positive interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Able to train coders and other facility staff; Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel; Proficient with Optum encoder and Epic systems; Must be to work individually with minimal teammate interaction; Must able to think critically and creatively to positively problem solve; Must complete tasks with integrity and compliance ust have outcomes that comply with all applicable coding and billing rules, regulations, laws, etc.
Associates or Bachelors degree in a healthcare-related field required.
A wide variety of excellent benefits are provided for our regular employees. Benefit reviews are provided during orientation and when changes are made.
Some of our benefits include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Prescription drug discounts
- Group life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Tax deferred annuity (403b)
- Medical and daycare spending accounts
- Employee Wellness Program
- Phifer Wellness Center discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Emergency Fund
- Scholarships and tuition assistance
- Group discounts
- Banking services
- Referral bonus and sign-on bonus for certain positions
- Relocation for select positions for moves exceeding 50-mile radius from facility
Apply Online: https://www.unchealthblueridge.org/careers/