SCHIMA Coastal Region Virtual Education
Recorded: December 7, 2017
12:00 – 1:00 PM – Internal and External Auditing – Assessing and Identifying Educational Opportunities
CEU: 1.0 – Clinical Data Management
Presenters: Marcy Blitch, RHIA, CCS, CIC and Christine Lewis, MHA, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P
1:00 – 2:00 PM – The Technology Cannonball in the Information Governance Pool: Technologies You Need to Know About
CEU: 1.0 – Technology
IT Departments are deploying new technologies at a rapid pace. A couple of these are Vendor Neutral Archive and Enterprise Content Management systems. Both of these technologies will affect the HIM IG plans, this presentation will teach the basics of these two platforms.
Presenter: Seth Johnson, MBA, RHIA
Marcy Blitch, RHIA, CCS, CIC
Marcy Blitch serves as Education Manager for UASI. She is an AHIMA-approved ICD-10 trainer, and served as one of four SCHIMA ICD-10 Program trainers from 2011-2013. Marcy has been a speaker for SCHIMA and was awarded the Professional Achievement Award in 2013. Marcy was an ICD-10 trainer and speaker for ACFAS (American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons). She has over 30 years of experience in the health information management profession that includes management and higher educational experiences.
Christine Lewis, MHA, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P
Christine is a graduate of the MUSC with a B.S. in Health Information Management and MS in Health Administration and has 30 years of experience in health information management, which Includes her current position and Assistant Director of the Children’s Hospital of Alabama. She is a member of the American Health Information Management Association and the South Carolina Health Information Management Association.
Seth Johnson, MBA, RHIA
Seth Johnson is an Executive Healthcare Industry Consultant on the Global Healthcare Team for Lexmark International. He is responsible for advising Lexmark on products, solutions and services to bring into specific healthcare markets in the 4 geographies Lexmark serves globally. Seth also provides consulting services to Lexmark customers ensuring the customer needs are met.
Prior to joining Lexmark in 2013, Johnson worked as a Director, IT Project Management Office, and Director of IT Operations for a mid-size health system in Tennessee and Virginia. Johnson has extensive experience in Healthcare in a variety of management and executive positions, for example:
- Corporate Director of IT, Wellmont Health – rolled out Epic and McKesson
- Director of Health Information Management, Holston Valley Medical Center
- Privacy and Security Officer, Holston Valley Medical Center
- Manager Health Information Management, Mountain States Healthcare Alliance
Seth is also credentialed through the American Health Information Management Association and serves within industry associations as well as instructs for industry programs.
- RHIA credentialed http://www.ahima.org/certification/RHIA
- Past President of Tennessee Health Information Management Association 2010-2011
- Current President-Elect of the Tennessee Health Information Management Association
- Member of the American Health Information Management Association Advocacy and Policy Council for federal regulation
- Member of the NYS HIMSS Privacy and Security Council commission by the New York Department of Health
- Member of the Florida HFMA IT Forum Workgroup
- Adjunct Faculty – University of Tennessee – Health Information and Informatics Management
Access instructions to the recording will be provided within 2 business days following receipt of payment.
SCHIMA/AHIMA Member: $25
No refunds, as the event will be recorded and playback will be available for at least 90 days from the event date.
When you register online, you will have the option to pay by mail with a check or pay online with a credit card (AMEX, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover).
If you are paying by check, select “mail a check” under payment options. You will later see instructions to print the confirmation page and mail your payment to KnowledgeConnex. The mailing address will be on the invoice. Make your check payable to KnowledgeConnex and include the confirmation/order number with the check. Checks that do not reference the confirmation number will be returned to you and will not be applied to the registration.