Certified Coder Medical Office – REMOTE to SC Resident
Lexington Medical Center
Voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019, the Lexington Medical Center Physician Network includes more than 450 physicians and advanced practice providers at 75 locations across the Midlands.
From general medicine and orthopedics to oncology and neurosurgery, these dedicated physicians, specialists and surgeons combine the highest quality care with advanced medicine and state-of-the-art technology to help patients achieve the best possible outcomes. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.
***Candidate must reside in the state of South Carolina***
Assigns appropriate ICD and CPT codes to diagnoses and/or procedures for reimbursement and statistical purposes. Follows the American Medical Association and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services coding guidelines. Abstracts clinical information from medical records for complete and accurate statistical documentation. Position primarily focuses on coding and billing for physician professional services in clinic, outpatient, and hospital-based settings.
- Minimum Years of Experience: 1 Year of experience in professional coding and billing or related field
- Substitutable Education & Experience: None.
- Required Certifications/Licensure: Licensure, Registry or Certification Required:
- Must have one of the following: CPC, COC, CCS, CCS-P, CCA, RHIT, RHIA, and/or specialty certification as approved by Director.
- Required Training:
- Experience working with CPT, ICD diagnosis coding, E/M Documentation Guidelines (1995/1997);
- Experience with CCI edits;
- Experience with Medicare LCDs and NCDs;
- Understanding of state and federal regulations as well as payor billing requirements.
- Must be computer literate and have experience with Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel);
- Experience with electronic health records software.
Minimum Education: High School Degree or Equivalent
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please email resume to email@example.com for consideration.