2023 SCHIMA Scholarships
Apply for a SCHIMA Scholarship!
SCHIMA supports the continued education of individuals enrolled in undergraduate studies in Health Information Technology, Health Information Management, or graduate studies in a healthcare field, related to the Health Information Technology/Management profession. SCHIMA awards scholarships through designated funds.
- Be a member of AHIMA and SCHIMA.
- Reside in SCHIMAs geographical area, which is considered south of Douglas County, Alamosa, and east.
- Be a student in good standing at a CAHIIM-accredited Health Information Technology program, an accredited Health Information Management program in Colorado, or enrolled in a PCAP-approved Medical Coding Certificate Program.
- Have a 2.75 cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) for an undergraduate program or a 3.0 GPA for a graduation program on a 4.0 scale.
In addition to completing this online application, you will also need to attach the following:
- An unofficial transcript from your school, including your GPA.
- Two letters of recommendation:
1) One must be from your HIT/HIM or related Masters-level program director.
2) One recommendation from any of the following:
- Previous instructors
- Practicum supervisors
- or other professional contacts
These individuals should be knowledgeable of your character and ability. The recommendations will be verified.
Applications are due by midnight, Mountain Time, March 19, 2023.
You should draft your answers for the questionnaire section in a separate document (Word, Google Docs, Pages, etc.) that allows you to save and edit. Then paste your edited text into the answer fields.
The SCHIMA Executive Board’s responsibility is to screen applicants and announce the recipient(s) in the Spring of this fiscal year. Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Quality of writing
- Professional presentation
- Submission of all required documentation
- The ability to follow directions
It is the responsibility of the SCHIMA Executive Board to screen applicants.
Awards will be announced in the Spring of 2023.
An individual may receive a maximum of one SCHIMA undergraduate scholarship in their lifetime.
If you have any questions before, during, or after the application process, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, and good luck.
The SCHIMA Board